Deadline: 27 October 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Accountability Officer in Amman, Jordan.
The Accountability Officer is responsible for assisting in the systematic receipt, processing and response to community feedback and complaints from DRC programs, which come through various mechanisms such as hotlines, help desk, suggestion boxes, etc.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Accountability Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Handling feedback and complaints:
- Answer/listen, process, respond to complaints and provide support to beneficiaries who are seeking help through DRC’s Complaints Review Mechanisms (CRM).
- Ensure that all staff, partners and communities are aware of the proper channels and circumstances to report complaints and feedback.
- Enter and track all complaints and feedback received and ensure proper documentation of data in DRC’s complaints and feedback database.
- General support to DRC accountability activities:
- Assist with ensuring that relevant accountability standard operating procedures (SOPs) are up-to date, translated into Arabic, and share with all relevant DRC staff.
- Assist with conducting accountability related training and capacity development for DRC staff and partners.
- Support DRC program teams with ongoing activities to enhance DRC’s commitment to the core humanitarian and accountability standards.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- BS Degree in business administration, social work, social sciences, humanities or other relevant discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in working in a relief or development NGO in a similar role.
- Previous experience working in customer care or customer service.
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Ability to communicate key information in an easy to understand, informative and collaborative manner.
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships.
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Genuine care and respect for needs of others, practically vulnerable populations with strong belief in empowering marginalized and disenfranchised people.
- High integrity and willingness to conduct her\himself transparently and open to scrutiny.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.