Deadline: 27 July 2020
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Accountant in Rabat, Morocco.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Accountant will perform the following functions:
- Financial Accounting:
- Update and maintain the general ledger and charter of accounts to reflect the transactional activities of regional hub accounts, ensuring that proper books of accounts are maintained for effective financial control in accordance with Bank standards and local statutory requirements.
- Reconcile sub ledger reports on a monthly basis in addition to creating the final trial balance to ensure quality and efficiency in the deliverables.
- Registration and maintenance of Regional Hub’s fixed assets; evaluation of fixed assets and adjusting for depreciation as per fixed asset accounting policy.
- Manage cash flow and petty cash in Regional Hub and ensure that all transactions are recorded clearly.
- Examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, in accordance with Bank rules and regulations.
- Elaboration of the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in SAP.
- Timely and accurate approval of bank reconciliation, including documented review of exceptions.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Professional qualifications like CA, ACCA or CPA would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience in finance and accounting, preferably in a multilateral sector.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Good knowledge of the local regional markets and work culture in the specific Region.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IsDB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.