Deadline: 27 July 2020
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Accountant in Rabat, Morocco.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Accountant will perform the following functions:
- Financial Accounting:
- Update and maintain the general ledger and charter of accounts to reflect the transactional activities of regional hub accounts, ensuring that proper books of accounts are maintained for effective financial control in accordance with Bank standards and local statutory requirements.
- Reconcile sub ledger reports on a monthly basis in addition to creating the final trial balance to ensure quality and efficiency in the deliverables.
- Registration and maintenance of Regional Hub’s fixed assets; evaluation of fixed assets and adjusting for depreciation as per fixed asset accounting policy.
- Manage cash flow and petty cash in Regional Hub and ensure that all transactions are recorded clearly.
- Examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, in accordance with Bank rules and regulations.
- Elaboration of the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in SAP.
- Timely and accurate approval of bank reconciliation, including documented review of exceptions.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Professional qualifications like CA, ACCA or CPA would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience in finance and accounting, preferably in a multilateral sector.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Good knowledge of the local regional markets and work culture in the specific Region.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IsDB.