Deadline: 16 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Accounts Associate in Copenhagen, Denmark.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Accounts Associate will perform the following functions:
- Process, review and analyze SAP transactions, payments and account balances mainly but not limited to the warehouse accounting area, identifies and initiates required adjustments.
- Execute year-end and month-end accounting procedures and reconciliations relating to the area of responsibility.
- Design and prepare financial reports for internal management and third parties, if required.
- Prepare exception and/or periodic reports, statements, schedules, summaries analysis and work papers relating to areas of warehouse accounting (and other areas as and if required).
- Monitor and ensure systems and reports comply with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third-party requirements.
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of new and revised systems relating to area of responsibility.
- Design Excel spreadsheets to support the monitoring of special projects.
- Recommend system and process improvements identified during performance of duties and responsibilities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary school, including courses in accounting from a recognized commercial school.
- University level courses in accounting, business or finance.
- Accounting qualification in ACCA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent diplomas in accounting, business administration, financial management, economics or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in the areas of project management and systems development would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of month-end reporting processes.
- Proficiency in another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
- Experience working in an international/ governmental (non-profit) organization.
- Minimum 6 year’s of broad accounting experience.
- Experience in SAP financial modules or other ERP systems.
- Good knowledge of MS Office package, particularly Excel.
- Working experience in accounting.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.