Education Development Center (EDC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Accounts Payable Assistant in Waltham, United States.
The Accounts Payable Assistant will be expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues.
EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Accounts Payable Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide basic accounting services, including cash handling, check preparation and distribution, employee expenses, wire transfer requests, invoicing, and other routine transactions.
- Monitor cash balances, prepares advance account reconciliations, and maintains an organized system of records.
- Review accounts for accuracy and quality; proposes revisions or improvements.
- Ensure that transactions are in accordance with approved budgets and EDC policy & procedures; coordinates with program staff to ensure that transactions are properly coded.
- Attend to internal control procedures regarding segregation of duties.
- Processes invoices through the Accounts Payable system.
- Assist the Accounts Payable manager with account discrepancies.
- Perform various assigned duties to balance workload priorities to ensure smooth and timely coordination and production.
- Applies organizational terms, procedures, systems, and policies.
Applicants must have-
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years of accounting experience, including at least one year working in area of specialty (payroll, accounts payable, or accounts receivable).
- Knowledge of automatic accounting systems and proficiency in related (Microsoft) computer applications.
- Organizational & analytical skills and aptitude for details and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and to respond to changing business needs.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit EDC.