Deadline: 25 June 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Accounts Specialist in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Accounts Specialist is responsible for the finance lead for procure to pay expenses; assists with the preparation of the UNDP Financial Statements and other Reports; executes closure processes; maintains master data elements, controls accounting periods and undertakes financial analysis for Global process owners and senior management.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Accounts Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Finance lead for procure to pay expenses.
- Review business practice, researches accounting literature and applies technical standards.
- Advises GSSC on complex or non-recurring business issues ( including SLAs) and transactions.
- Functional lead on select business process design and execution within corporate tools, including update of POPP and SOPs.
- Monitors practices and provides advisory services to Global Process owners and Senior Management.
- Prepare the statutory/corporate reports including Financial Statements, Trust fund statements, Executive Board reports, Financial Statements for other Agencies and other corporate reports required for decision making.
- Ensure that the data presented in the reports is accurate and appropriately supported.
- Coordinates data collection and preparation of the non-financial sections of the reports.
- Performs monthly/quarterly analysis of accounts, ensuring significant issues are identified and escalated when necessary.
- Ensure effective and timely execution of closure processes:
- Controls module closure.
- Runs revaluation, receipt accrual, GMS, and other corporate accounting processes.
- Establish and maintain the master data elements and controls of accounting periods:
- Creates and maintains account codes for UNDP and partner agencies.
- Reviews, approves and creates fund codes, in consultation with the Global Process owners.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced (Master’s) University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a relevant discipline or a professional accounting qualification certificate from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy.
- Those with professional accounting qualification certificate from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Long-listed candidates will be required to undergo the UNDP Advanced Accountancy & Finance Test.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in producing finanacial statements and providing financial accounting advisory services at national and/or international settings.
- Sound and detailed understanding of the UN environment, and the Finance and Accounting policies of UNDP
- Familiar with the complexity of client relationships among international organisations national governments and civil society
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), preferably with ATLAS (PeopleSoft) is desirable.
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS required for external candidates.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage, particularly Spanish or French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.