Deadline: 8 November 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative and Finance Specialist in Aden, Yemen.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Administrative and Finance Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Financial planning and management:
- Provide operational and technical support to field office colleagues and stakeholders e.g. review budgets and financial plans of implementing partners; monitor compliance with HACT framework, including support to assessments, assurance, capacity development of implementing partners and on the application, interpretation and implementation of financial policies, procedures and guidelines
- Process and/or review (as per delegated authority) the accuracy and timely submission of program payments (DCT, Direct payment and reimbursement), journal entries and other financial transactions within scope to the Global Shared Services Center (GSSC), ensuring compliance with budgetary limits, IPSAS and organizational regulations, rules, policies, procedures, standards of accountability, and ethics.
- Take timely action on outstanding accounts to resolve pending issues.
- Administrative support and services:
- Ensure timely and effective delivery and improvement in administrative support and office services for enhanced quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness, including space management, transport services, vehicle use and maintenance, equipment, conference and travel arrangements, document reproduction, communications, mail and delivery services, local procurement, bill payments of utilities and security to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Support the Inter-Agency Operations Management Team’s approaches for enhancing UN common services to attain efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Support the operations manager to provide administrative services for the UNICEF Guest House in Aden.
- Negotiate and supervise matters relating to office premises, utilities and services with vendors /agencies.
- Lead the Aden field office efforts with regards to Greening and Accessibility.
- Treasury and cash management:
- Manage petty cash and cash on hand accounts transactions and operations in accordance with UNICEF financial regulations and rules, policies, procedures.
- Keep abreast of procedures and regulations regarding local banking practices and exchange rates. Keep supervisor and relevant colleagues informed for timely action.
- Maintain a system to monitor and forecast periodic cash requirements.
- Provide current information on cash position/forecast to management and make recommendation or take action to ensure sufficient availability of resources for programmes and operations activities.
- Property Management:
- Manage administrative supplies, office equipment, vehicles, updating inventory of items, regular reconciliation of assets and attractive items with country office and lead the assets physical count exercise of the Aden field office and its hubs of presence.
- Review assets, attractive and inventory items of Aden field office for submission to Property Survey Board (PSB) and take timely action on PSB recommendation.
- Contracts arrangements and control:
- Ensure that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Negotiate cost effective administrative contractual arrangements with service providers as well as with implementing partners as required.
- Partnership, coordination and collaboration:
- Facilitates and maintains effective working relations with other agencies (UN, Bilateral and NGOs), local authorities and implementing partners relating to administrative matters for enhancement of information exchange, collaboration, and harmonization.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other UN agency counterparts in the UN reform initiatives (including common services and premises agenda, etc.) in the field office area of responsibility.
- Knowledge and capacity building:
- Promote culture of highest ethical standards and behavior in management of UNICEF’s resources.
- Contribute to initiatives for management improvement by capturing, institutionalizing and sharing best practices and lessons learned.
- Implement and/or recommend management improvements to enhance productivity and performance including implementation of cost saving strategies.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- A valid professional certification (CA; CPA; etc.) from an internationally recognized, accredited chartered accountancy institution is required, along with a first-level (Bachelor’s) university degree in finance, accounts or accounting.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in financial management related fields such as Accountancy or Finance or their equivalent; or an advanced diploma qualification in CIPFA or its equivalent with other internationally recognized institutions.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in both financial and administrative management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Experience in database packages, web-based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial modules) is considered as an asset.
- Both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.