Deadline: 25 April 2016
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative / Finance Officer in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The Administrative / Finance Officer will establish and maintain efficient administrative control mechanisms to ensure compliance with UN Financial, Administrative and Staff rules and procedures.
UNHCR’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative / Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office.
- Serve as a member of the Local Contracts Committee (LCC).
- Advise the Head of Office and other staff on personnel and administrative policies and procedures.
- Participate in the physical verification of UNHCR property plant and equipment.
- Formulate, implement staff safety and security measures and ensure MOSS/MORSS compliance, in consultation with the Head of Office and Field Safety Advisers (FSAs).
- Oversee recruitment, appointments and administrative formalities concerning local General Service staff.
- Prepare operational context for all international posts in the office.
- Serve ex-officio in the APPC.
- Review and approve the settlement of employee entitlements including DSA, local salaries and the Medical Insurance Plan (MIP).
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, Economics or related field, OR university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent).
- Minimum eight years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance, of which at least two years in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar).
- Working experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle Financial and/or HR modules.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNHCR.