Deadline: 13 April 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Santiago, Chile. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Advise in the preparation of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) in consultation with relevant technical officers and the headquarters technical divisions; prepares and consolidates work plans, proposes revised plans and strategic measures to implement successfully the biennial programme of work and monitor effectively budgetary trends.
- Prepare periodic budget reports for submission; prepares post planning and monitoring and other regular and ad hoc reports.
- Contribute to the development of results-based management concepts and policies and monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Develop, implements and monitors corporate activities, identifies operational, administrative, information technology and other constraints and proposes solutions to improve quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Overview the maintenance of imprest accounts and other budgetary reports acts as Certifying Officer, monitors availability of funds under all programmes, ensures that financial commitments and expenditures are accurate and consistent with established guidelines.
- Train staff and field project personnel on all administrative and operational matters and undertakes special missions for training on budgetary and financial managerial issues in line with the Organization’s regulations policies and procedures.
- Establish effective working relationships with government counterparts at appropriate level for government contributions to the work programme.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in business or public administration, finance, accounting or a related field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in financial management, administration and planning.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in financial management, administration and planning, knowledge and application of rules, regulations and procedures and demonstrated ability to plan, organize and develop effective and efficient work practices, following sound management principles and a client service orientation, as well as to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing programme proposals and monitor programme implementation.
- Demonstrate ability to enhance, modernize and innovate business processes and support change management initiatives.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of computerized accounting systems used in complex international organizations is essential.
- Extent and relevance of experience in using innovative technologies, approaches and tools in managing teams, business process, and in managing for results is an asset.
- Extent and relevance of knowledge of and experience with UN systems, operational procedures and databases, accounting and financial modules, and corporate applications and is considered an asset.
- Extent and relevance of experience in risk management is a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of Spanish and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.