Deadline: 30 July 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Advise on the preparation of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) in consultation with relevant technical officers and technical divisions at headquarters; prepares and consolidates work plans; proposes revised plans and strategic measures to implement successfully the biennial programme of work and monitor effectively budgetary trends.
- Prepare periodic budget reports for submission; prepares post planning and monitoring and other regular and ad hoc reports.
- Contribute to the development of results-based management concepts and policies, and monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor corporate activities, identifies operational, administrative, information technology and other constraints and proposes solutions to improve quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Overview the maintenance of imprest accounts and other budgetary reports; acts as Certifying Officer, monitors availability of funds under all programmes; ensures that financial commitments and expenditures are accurate and consistent with the established guidelines.
- Train and supervise staff and field project personnel on all administrative and operational matters and undertakes special missions for training on budgetary, financial and managerial issues in line with the Organization’s regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establishe effective working relationships with government counterparts at appropriate levels for government contributions to the work programme.
- Oversee operational and staffing requirements of the office and its projects, and ensures optimal staffing of the office and projects.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in business or public administration, accounting or a related field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in financial management, administration and planning.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in financial management, administration and planning.
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing programme proposals and monitoring programme implementation.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of both English and French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.