Deadline: 4 May 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advisor, Social Impact Investments in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Advisor, Social Impact Investments will perform the following functions-
- Design the UNDP-UNSIF investment strategy and priorities for South Asia.
- Map and define the scope and focus of social impact investment opportunities in South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka) with a primary focus on India.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop corrective risk mitigation strategy.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop a viable and bankable investment pipeline.
- Recommend and negotiate impact investment deals to conclusion.
- Conducting due diligence on potential investment opportunities, companies and projects by researching, reading financial statements and market data
- Analyse financial information relating to specific potential investment opportunities, e.g. company results, profit and loss, and balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organisation is positioned to deliver for investors.
- Maintain market intelligence with respect to the South Asia development agenda, new investment offerings and products and other information that can affect the social impact and development finance markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries.
- Analyse economic and political implications that may affect UNDP-UNSIF investment position including the potential for natural disasters, changes in the poverty rates, new technology innovations, etc. might affect the social and economic performance of current and potential portfolio investments.
Applicants must have-
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in a business, finance or technology from leading university is required.
- Cross-faculty expertise a strong advantage.
- Minimum 7 years successful work experience identifying, evaluating and negotiating impact and commercial investment deals in South Asia required.
- Direct experience identifying, evaluating and designing comprehensive investment, commercial and reputational risk mitigation plans required.
- Strong local experience in South Asia with respect to evaluating local and national political policies and issues, commercial business potential, technology innovation adoption and penetration and traditional/new development finance models is required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful revenue-generation strategies and tactics that has resulted in meeting and exceeding high-level targets.
- Demonstrated successful experience negotiating private, public partnership (PPP) projects including design, financing and operational model implementation.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
- Good command over Hindi is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.