Deadline: 20 November 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Analyst in Singapore. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Support senior staff in the development of the GIF pipeline in at least one region.
- This will include conducting market and industry research and analysis, initial project screening, due diligence, and conducting needs/gap analysis to support business development efforts.
- Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of pipeline projects including sector, sector, operational, financial, development impact and market information, as well as relevant Environment, Social & Governance (ES&G) matters.
- Coordinate with the client to obtain needed information.
- Support senior staff in the realization of the GIF project pipeline. This will include reviewing project related studies, conducting research on country, infrastructure industry, and financing trends, and preparing applications for GIF funding.
- Analyze financial statements and create financial models, perform financial analysis to support informed decision making on structuring options.
- Work across the GIF responsibilities described above and, in particular, assuring that best practices and latest approaches on PPP design are applied to each GIF project, and that lessons learned from GIF approaches at the platform and project levels are captured, returned to the GIF and made widely available.
- Develop power point presentations to create content for knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the planning, structuring and execution of the regular convocations of the GIF’s private sector Advisory
- Partners around core themes related to the financing of infrastructure.
- Undertake knowledge and analytical work related to the development of infrastructure as an asset class.
- Support the administration of the GIF in financial reporting, donor and partner relations, and meeting preparation.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the GIF program.
- Extract lessons of GIF supported projects and other evaluative work as relevant to provide input to the structuring of transactions.
- Maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of work.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, engineering, management, or infrastructure or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in the field of finance, infrastructure and/or PPPs or an equivalent combination of education (including Bachelor’s degrees) and experience.
- Ideally, the prior experience would have been obtained from within a financial institution (project finance or corporate banking, highly preferable), an infrastructure developer, a management consultancy firm, an advisory firm, or other similar entities, preferably in infrastructure projects.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills are required, including ability to develop financial models.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing in a logical and comprehensive yet concise manner.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in additional languages (Mandarin/Bahasa/Vietnamese/others) is desirable.
- High-level written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrate ability for teamwork in a multicultural environment.
- Client focus and commitment to results.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.