Deadline: 26 November 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Resident Representative, Operations in Honiara, Solomon Islands. The duration for this post is 1 year.
The Assistant Resident Representative, Operations is responsible for introducing and implementing enhanced business processes to improve overall operational efficiency of the Office, in consultation with Regional Hub and HQ teams as appropriate.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant Resident Representative, Operations will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- As a member of the CO management team, ensures the strategic direction of operations through:
- Full compliance of operations with UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies, implementation of corporate operational strategies, establishment of management targets and CO level and monitoring of achievement of results.
- Establishment of collaborate arrangements with potential partners, a client relationship management system for resource mobilization purposes and appropriate operational partnership arrangements.
- Ensure effective and accurate financial resources management and supervision of the Finance team, through:
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, including extra-budgetary income in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Preparation of office management budget and financial sustainability strategies.
- Performance of Manager Level 2 role in Atlas for voucher and Treasury transactions approvals, bank reconciliation. Approval of pending disbursements as the “third authority” (cheques, bank transfers, EFT). Approval of bank reconciliations.
- Ensure strategic human resources management and supervision of the HR team through:
- CO compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies.
- Optimal staffing of the office and projects.
- Ensure implementation of e-recruitment and e-hiring strategies in the Office, in consultation with HR team in the regional Hub.
- Ensure provision of efficient procurement and logistical services and supervision of the Procurement team through:
- Provide oversight for effective management of UNDP assets, facilities and logistical services, including full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for the procurement, utilization and disposal of the CO’s assets.
- Ensure implementation of e-tendering use in the Office and management of corporate purchasing card with a view to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Ensure forward-looking information and communication management and supervision of ICT function through:
- Maintenance of a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequate planning for disasters and recoveries.
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge sharing, information provision and learning including e-registry, web-based office management system, etc.
- Ensure proper common services organization and management, establishment of partnerships with other UN Agencies through:
- Provision of common services to resident and non-resident UN Agencies as decided by the UN OMT and represent UNDP in the OMT meetings.
- Efficient management of UN House and supervision of common premises coordinator.
- Elaboration of the strategic approach for implementation of common services in line with the latest developments in common services and the best practices.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- UNDP Certification in at least two of the following areas: Procurement, HR, Accounting and Finance an asset.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and managing staff and operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable. Demonstrated understanding of the sustainable development, climate change and institutional development issues faced by Mongolia.
- Proficient knowledge of English and Mongolian languages.
- Proven excellent analytical writing skills in English.
- Nationality of Mongolia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.