Deadline: 15 December 2019
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Finance And Budget Officer in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Finance And Budget Officer will perform the following functions-
- Budget preparation:
- Prepare cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of office resource requirements such as staff and non-staff requirements, including programmatic aspects; reviews, analyses and revises data with respect to the finalization of the budget proposals.
- Provide support to programme officers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Administer the allotments in accordance with the established procedures including redeployment/reallocation of funds.
- Administer and monitor extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
- Monitor budget implementation and determine/recommend reallocation of funds when necessary.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized/approved levels.
- Review all requisitions generated by the Umoja system for goods and services to ensure correct objects of expenditure have been charged and confirm availability of funds.
- Financial Management:
- Assist in the preparation of the OzonAction projects.
- Monitor the preparation of project documents and their subsequent revisions, liaising with programme officers in the OzonAction – ROAP.
- Ensure that proposals are in line with the Multilateral Fund Executive Committee (EXCOM) requirements, including bilateral parties, and in accordance with UN Environment format.
- Review draft letters of agreement and memorandums of understanding with supporting organizations before administration clearance.
- Monitor the liaisons with supporting organizations to assist programme officers.
- Monitor expenditures on a timely basis, ensuring that they are within the approved budget:
- Liaise with UNON (United Nations Office at Nairobi) regarding the financial database of ExCom approvals, providing reports as requested.
- Coordinate the submission of Approval Sheets and follow up each Excom approval.
- Inform regional coordinators, programme officers and the Chief of OzonAction Branch, on the status of funds available.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field is required.
- A first level university degree combined with an additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is required.
- Experience in preparing financial reports is required and experience with Enterprise resource planning ( ERP) is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Working knowledge of French languages is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.