Deadline: 21 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Finance Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration of proposals for planning of financial resources of the Fund, continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation and presentation of forecasts for development and management projects; provision of high-quality professional advice to the Fund’s management team
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, in accordance with UNOPS financial rules and regulations.
- Organization and oversight of cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of imprested level, risk assessment, bank relationship management, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site.
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information to supervisors and other UNOPS staff at HQ on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
- Identification of problems in financial and administrative areas, suggesting alternative solutions to resolve issues in compliance with broader UNOPS policies, rules and procedures.
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
- Elaboration/establishment of internal standard operating procedures and control of the workflows in the Finance team.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies (including introduction and development of e-banking).
- Up-to-date on policy developments on UNOPS financial management issues.
Applicants must have-
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in social sciences, statistics, financial management, Business Management, Business Administration or related fields is required.
- A Master’s Degree in accounting, financial management, business administration or related filed would be advantageous.
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (such as Chartered Accountant, CPA or CIMA, or an internationally recognized audit certification), would be considered a significant asset.
- A minimum two years progressively responsible professional accounting experience with responsibility for project accounting and preparation of financial statements in a highly computerized environment is required.
- Knowledge of UNOPS financial rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of ERP (particularly Agresso) and experience with MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions is desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft office is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.