Deadline: 06 June 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Financial Control Officer/Financial Control Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Financial Control Officer/Financial Control Officer will perform the following functions-
- Plans, organizes, and supports IT projects. Oversee implementation of IT projects and works with the business to identify and specify business requirements to suggest and enhance existing CTL IT systems. Works closely with Information Technology Department (ITD) and business users to oversee various CTL IT projects.
- Coordinates IT projects, working closely with the other CTL teams: identifies, reviews, analyzes and prioritizes business requirements; initiates changes and revisions to the existing systems and coordinates the needs of business area with ITD; assists in system analysis and design; designs and leads user-acceptance-tests for the systems and data conversions. Prepares and provides inputs to business requirements, prepares user manuals, conducts user trainings in close coordination with ITD. Analyzes system flow and business processes and suggests process optimization to improve internal controls and process efficiency thru system enhancements or process improvements.
- Reviews and ensures CTL IT systems accommodate existing and changing business needs, in close coordination with business area and ITD; ensures financial information and transactions are maintained accurately in the IT systems. Undertakes research and perform statistical analysis of data generated from IT.
- Contributes to the continuous development and improvement of management information systems and collaborates with CTL staff to ensure their data are produced and managed in accordance with ADB and CTL requirements.
- Performs as a lead subject matter expert for business data analytics, dash boards and reporting to drive consistent practice within CTL and to contribute to ADB-wide information management initiatives.
- Collaborates with ITD and CTL staff to develop and establish IT framework, tools and models for effective reporting, dash boards, and data analytics.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Accounting, or Business Administration preferably with advanced training or relevant exposure and experience to integrated financial systems.
- At least 6 years of combined work experience in IT project management, project administration, or related work experience in accounting or auditing, and with direct experience in data and information management, business data analytics, data mart, big data, and business processes. Experience in credit, lending or finance operations would be an advantage.
- Experience to reporting and analytics tools such as Microsoft Power Platform, Tableau, Oracle Hyperion, Excel Macro, Cognos, Hadoop would be a strong advantage.
- Preferably with experience in the implementation of RPA and other automation tools.
- Proven supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical thinking with ability to comprehend causal links, make pros and cons analysis, and analyze factors to reach a decision.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Proficient in standard software used in multilateral institutions, particularly Office 365, and in-depth knowledge of a large accounting and disbursement system (e.g., Oracle ERP) and its interfaces with other systems.
- Analytical and systematic with strong numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of the concept of accounting, internal control, and its application to IT systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.