Deadline: 5 July 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Financial Management Officer in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Financial Management Officer will monitor and strengthen financial management capacity of executing/implementing agencies (EAs/IAs) of Sri Lanka and other Resident Mission’s portfolio, and to monitor projects’ compliance with ADB’s financial management (FM) requirements, including financial reporting and auditing.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Financial Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Financial Management in ADB Operations
- Support in implementing policies and strategies for FM thematic areas in Sri Lanka and other Resident Mission(s), by providing inputs to ADB’s strategic and operational plans, portfolio review reports, and to ADB’s dialogue on FM policies and systems with government counterparts.
- Participate in project preparation and/or review missions to help resolve problems related to project FM, as needed.
- Review relevant sections of ADB project documents, and provides quality control on the above FM aspects.
- Advise the Portfolio Management Unit on the structure and management of the monitoring system of project financial indicators.
- Plan and provide capacity development support to the EAs/IAs in FM areas, with development of training materials and arrangements of training programs.
- Help facilitate the understanding of ADB’s project FM requirements, and strengthens capacities of Sri Lanka and other Resident Mission’s project teams, the Governments and private auditors.
- Management of Audited Financial Statements
- Support and facilitate the timely submission of the audit reports by the EAs.
- Implement ADB guidelines and procedures for reviewing and monitoring compliance related to audited project financial statements (APFSs) and audited entity financial statements (AEFSs).
- Provide information, analyses, and advice on overall APFSs/AEFSs management, in line with relevant ADB policies, guidelines, and instructions (e.g., public communication policy, Operations Manual, Project Administration Instruction, and technical guidance notes).
- Provide guidance and/or input to ADB project staff and consultant(s) on APFSs/AEFSs and other FM related matters.
- Review all APFSs/AEFSs for Sri Lanka and other Resident Mission’s portfolio in close cooperation with project teams.
- Identify level of compliance with financial covenants.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration; preferably with advanced training.
- Professional accountancy designation (CA/ACCA/CPA) is mandatory.
- At least 6 years relevant professional experience, including in audit and financial due diligence.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials, with other staff members and consultants in the delivery of quality outputs.
- Ability to guide administrative staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ADB operational processes and procedures with good analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; familiarity with database management tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Good analytical and conceptual skills.
- Effective report-writing and strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Nationality of Sri Lanka.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.