Deadline: 31 December 2019
The International Finance Corporation(IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Financial Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Financial Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop and generate various models to measure fair value, market risk, currency, and counterparty exposure, P&Ls, dashboards and other management reports using analytical tools and systems.
- Develop analytical tools and utilities to support new products and/or new initiatives using advanced tools and programming languages.
- Implement productivity enhancing utilities and applications.
- Provide ad-hoc support to portfolio managers and traders in Treasury in pricing, risk analysis, exposure measurement and other needed tasks.
- Analyze the terms and conditions of complex derivatives transactions and map correctly to the system.
- Monitor, check quality of the data, investigate anomalies and intervene on various processes for report generation.
- Analyze and validate the result based on the portfolio positions and market movement and reconcile with data from outside counterparties such as derivative counterparts, custodians, and clearers.
- Monitor and recommend ALM related hedging transactions as part of the team; prepare and publish ALM reports.
- Work with senior staff members in building tools for structured finance business.
- Develop and implement the new Funding derivatives valuation platform.
- Analyze/validate other staff members deliverables (computer programs, spreadsheets and others) and take over the tasks as assigned.
- Independently research, analyze, and setup new market or trading instrument related requirements.
- Support quarter end tasks as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of individual and group work.
- Collaborate with team members as well as IT, Risk, and back-office teams to maintain and improve the quality of computer programs, and reports and in various new/on-going initiatives.
- Provide hands-on training/assistance to client users and mentor junior staff on issues related to their functions.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Finance or Maths or Economics of Financial Engineering.
- Proficiency VBA, C++, Oracle, SQL, MS Access, Python, and Excel to maintain and improve existing reporting applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance or Economics with minimum 5 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with minimum 3 years of experience.
- Experience in UNIX will be a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills to explain the logic behind the analysis.
- Knowledge of fixed income mathematics, derivatives and information technology.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Summit (Misys) will be a strong advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.