Deadline: 27 November 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Investment Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Investment Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide key support in identification, appraisal, structuring and negotiation of financial sector investments.
- Identify and analyze fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identify non-financial issues, opportunities and risk/reward factors (e.g. business environment, country, and sponsor).
- Disbursement, waiver and complex client interactions such as restructurings; monitor and value equity investments and recommends/executes the sale of holdings.
- Monitor existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities.
- Review and analyze the financial and operating performance of clients; prepare quarterly risk ratings, annual supervision and other management reports as well as country strategy papers, briefs and project profiles.
- Client relationships and provide insight into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree and 5-6 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, preferably in an investment related function and/or the private equity industry.
- Clear experience and expertise in identifying, evaluating, structuring and negotiating debt and equity transactions; experience in portfolio management.
- Good understanding of financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions.
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Keen interest in development finance and working in a multicultural environment.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.