Deadline: 27 November 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Investment Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Associate Investment Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide key support in identification, appraisal, structuring and negotiation of financial sector investments.
- Identify and analyze fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identify non-financial issues, opportunities and risk/reward factors (e.g. business environment, country, and sponsor).
- Disbursement, waiver and complex client interactions such as restructurings; monitor and value equity investments and recommends/executes the sale of holdings.
- Monitor existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities.
- Review and analyze the financial and operating performance of clients; prepare quarterly risk ratings, annual supervision and other management reports as well as country strategy papers, briefs and project profiles.
- Client relationships and provide insight into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree and 5-6 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, preferably in an investment related function and/or the private equity industry.
- Clear experience and expertise in identifying, evaluating, structuring and negotiating debt and equity transactions; experience in portfolio management.
- Good understanding of financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions.
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Keen interest in development finance and working in a multicultural environment.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.