Deadline: 16 January 2022
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Investment Officer in Douala, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Investment Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through proactive origination/business development and developing and employing sector/country knowledge in the countries under oversight of the Douala office.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the priority sectors and to develop specific investment opportunities in these sectors.
- Provide regular market intelligence and information to the cluster managers about leads and projects being developed in the countries of the Central Africa Sub-region.
- Screen proposals and prepare Concept Notes for projects going to Concept Review Meetings discussions with a key focus on overall credit assessment, potential deal structuring, and overall fit with WBG strategy.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and advisory services colleagues in order to add value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to specific challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation, monitoring and updating of IFC’s country strategies in the priority sectors, working with IFC’s industries and regional departments and in close coordination with the relevant Global Practices at the World Bank.
Applicant must have:
- MBA, Master’s Degree in finance, accounting, investment banking or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility that includes significant experience in finance, investment banking, structured finance or corporate finance, with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments.
- Experience in an investment transaction, with proven success in developing client relationships as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and closing quality investments.
- Knowledge of and experience in financial markets.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.