Deadline: 3 November 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Investment Officer in Douala, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Investment Officer will identify new investment opportunities, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects for financial institutions based in WCA.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide key support in identification, appraisal, structuring and negotiation of financial sector investments.
- Identify and analyze fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identify non-financial issues, opportunities and risk/reward factors (e.g. business environment, country, and sponsor).
- Handle disbursements, waivers and complex client interactions such as restructurings; monitor and value equity investments and recommends/executes the sale of holdings.
- Monitor existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities.
- Review and analyze the financial and operating performance of clients; prepare quarterly risk ratings, annual supervision and other management reports as well as country strategy papers, briefs and project profiles.
- Handle client relationships and provide insight into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
- Apply knowledge of project/portfolio lifecycle to identify and meet critical path milestones, and to implement tasks (including production of documents) in a timely and high-quality fashion for the processing or supervision of projects.
- Actively keep abreast of regional and industry developments and incorporates trends into the processing or supervision of projects.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree and 4-5 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, preferably in an investment related function and/or the private equity industry.
- Good understanding of financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions.
- Clear experience and expertise in identifying, evaluating, structuring and negotiating debt and equity transactions. experience in portfolio management.
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Keen interest in development finance and working in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.