Deadline: 11 June 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate/Investment Officer in Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Associate/Investment Officer will perform the following functions:
- Collaborate in developing client strategies/ engagement plans and pitch books for industry and countries.
- Establish and maintain relationships with mid-level clients and other stakeholders (government, development partners, WBG) to explore straightforward business opportunities.
- Analyze operational and financial performance as well as credit and integrity risks of potential clients/ projects.
- Build complex financial models, perform due diligence and financial analysis, and/or provide quality control over financial analysis/ projections developed by analyst to evaluate benefits and risks of straightforward transactions.
- Assess and articulate development impact and IFC’s role/ additionality in straightforward transactions.
- Lead straightforward investment transactions incorporating lessons learned from IFC’s earlier investments and portfolio management.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (Legal, E&S, sector specialists and Economists) to identify ways to strengthen development impact and financial sustainability of projects.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in finance, economics or other related areas; accreditation as CFA or CPA is considered equivalent.
- At least 4-8 year’s of experience with a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments preferably both in equity and debt.
- Good understanding of IFC’s financial instruments, requirements, main investment agreements/ standard contracts and provisions, all aspects of transactions to provide input for optimal structuring of a prospective opportunity, and internal deal and portfolio processing.
- Understanding of industry drivers, business/ market development cycles, and how business performance and long-term competitiveness/ viability are measured within industry and how industry dynamics may evolve within a country/ region.
- Proven analytical, financial analysis, equity valuation, and financial modelling skills to analyse and form conclusions on company financial information or projects and industry indicators.
- Understanding of credit and non-financial risks associated with straightforward projects and specific aspects of a complex project, and how to satisfactorily mitigate those risks based on understanding of how IFC assesses risk/ reward trade offs.
- Capacity to identify barriers for market creation opportunities in a targeted country by tapping into relevant internal expertise and synthesizing information on local regulatory and economic context, industry/ sector and landscape, and constraints clients are facing to grow their business.
- Capacity to build productive and mutually beneficial relationships/ networks internally and externally to identify business opportunities, discuss structuring alternatives, and resolve issues.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively influence the perception/ support of clients/ stakeholders.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.