Deadline: 18 April 2016
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Investment Officer in Singapore.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in or lead evaluation of global Consumer Internet investment opportunities and liaise extensively with colleagues worldwide.
- Support the creation of a knowledge hub for the Consumer Internet sector and establish networks with thought leaders, companies, venture capital and private equity funds and strategic investors, active in emerging markets.
- Work with senior staff to develop a strong pipeline of potential investee companies and network of co-investors in Consumer Internet, Healthcare, Edu-Tech, FinTech and Cleantech in Southeast Asia.
- Participate or lead in evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing new transactions, portfolio restructurings, equity sales, etc.
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences.
- Lead or oversee analysis of financial statements and financial model preparation.
- Conduct industry, market and company research.
- Lead or support monitoring of Consumer Internet and Southeast Asia portfolio companies.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Support CTTVI’s Investment Officers in the Singapore office and other geographies.
Applicants must have-
- MBA or equivalent from leading international institutions. Strong technical or engineering background coupled with financial knowledge preferred.
- At least 4 years of work experience, with preferably at least 1 years of venture capital or private equity experience in emerging markets.
- Prior experience in investment banking or business/corporate development will be considered.
- Experience in negotiating and structuring complex equity transactions.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client’s needs effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to mentor junior investment analysts.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa or Hindi is a plus.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development and to highest ethical standards.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.