Deadline: 6 December 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Audit Specialist in Panama City, Panama. The duration for this post is 2 years.
The primary role of the Audit Specialist is to perform internal audits of UNDP country offices in the region and to review the annual HACT/NIM audit exercise under the direct supervision of the RAC Chief.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Audit Specialist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Prepare working papers for review by the audit team leader.
- Draft specific parts of audit reports for review by the team leader.
- Monitor the implementation of agreed recommendations and advises on problem areas.
- Participate in the annual review of HACT/NIM audit reports that covers projects implemented by either national institutions or non-governmental organizations.
- Review of annual DIM plan and support the preparation of RFP to external audit firms:
- Assess qualitatively and quantitatively proposals for audit services received from audit firms.
- Oversee the work by audit firms and provides clarifications to external audit firms.
- Assess draft and final reports produced by external audit firms.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management practices.
- Document findings and communicate orally and/or in writing to the country offices on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement.
- Recommend actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Provide guidance and advice to country offices in respect of the HACT/NIM audit process.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief, conduct special assignments including management reviews, advisory services or consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI.
- Participate in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as determined by the RAC Chief or OAI Director.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or related field.
- A first level degree in combination with a certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation desirable.
- Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit.
- Working experience in an International Organization is desirable.
- Fluency in English required.
- Good working knowledge of Spanish required.
- Working knowledge of other UN official languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.