Deadline: 16 March 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Budget Development Officer in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 1 year.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Budget Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- Review donor requirements (fee / cost based, eligible / ineligible costs, direct / indirect) and guide sector / country proposal teams on key requirements to consider for bid decisions, including financial risks.
- Lead budget (cost proposal) development for priority proposals, working closely with proposal team members and country staff, guiding / assessing work planning, cost estimates, and developing (winning) pricing strategies.
- Review proposal budgets to ensure they effectively meet donor requirements as well as SNV’s internal costing and pricing guidelines for full cost recovery.
- Closely support proposal teams during the negotiation and contracting process.
- For successful contract awards, assist Project Managers and Contract Administrators to interpret, plan and organise approved project budgets, including donor specific terms and conditions.
- Develop budgeting tools and briefs, including FAQs, templates and guidelines for key donors (and training staff), and assist in developing new approaches to respond to innovative donor financing mechanisms.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in accounting, business, finance or similar field.
- At least 4 year’s of work experience in developing and analysing budgets and financial proposals.
- Experience in proposal budgeting (tenders / service contracts and / or grants) in the international development sector (the EU, DFID and other European bi-laterals preferred).
- Proactive, independent work approach and a high attention to detail and accuracy given the nature of the role.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines supporting multiple proposals and often shifting demands.
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Fluency in French or Spanish is a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.