Deadline: 25 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Budget & Finance Officer in Tunis, Tunisia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Budget & Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Organize the day-to-day budget and financial operations encompassing quality control, monitoring and clearance, financial accounting and reporting, workplan and award management including cash flow forecasting and monitoring, while liaising with relevant team members.
- Manage funding allocations and awards process, prepare necessary forms for the awards’ cycle and implements all budgetary and financial actions in the Global Management System (GSM), this includes workplan funding requests, submission of award budgets, reprogramming of awards and preparation of expenditure batches, while ensuring speedy response to the incident management team’s financial requests.
- Ensure expenditures are appropriately charged to awards in line with the conditions in agreements with donors.
- Monitor and follow-up on donor proposals and reporting deadlines.
- Verify and provide budgetary clearance to proposals and reports for resource mobilization team, ensure compliance with relevant financial policies, procedures and emergency SOPs.
- Track and report on financing against budget: monitor implementation rates, consolidate financial data, analyse and prepare periodic/ad hoc budgetary and financial statements and returns, identify financial gaps, and recommend remedial or alternative action to mangers as appropriate.
Applicants must have:
- First University Degree in accounting, financial management, business or public administration or economics with specialization in budgeting/accounting from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s level or above) in business administration, finance, accounting, or public administration.
- Professional qualification or licensure in accounting/accountancy.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience, at the national and international level, in finance, budget/accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting and consolidation of financial data using ERP systems or similar packages.
- Prior experience in supporting emergency or health outbreak operations at the field level.
- Relevant experience with WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.