Deadline: 28 June 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant (Finance) in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Business Support Assistant will provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and conduct basic analysis of general ledger accounts;
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Perform other related duties as required
Applicants must have-
- Minimum secondary school education in related field.
- A University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is desirable.
- 4 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Finance, accounting or other relevant field with experience in general administrative work.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Knowledge of UNWFP work routines and methods in order to complete processes is desirable.
- Experience in SAP/WINGS and other ERP software is desirable.
- Fluency and accuracy in both oral and written communication in English and Thai.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.