Deadline: 7 August 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Executive Officer in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 4 year.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Executive Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead on defining the future direction and nature of the organisation.
- Ensure development and maintenance of the governance process and organisational structure and guard its integrity consistent with the mission, values and strategy.
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and review of SNV’s corporate multi-annual strategic plans.
- Chair the Managing Board; create alignment between its members as well as the different disciplines in the organisation.
- Create commitment for and bind the SNV global team towards strategic goals.
- Ensure correct information is provided timely to the Supervisory Board.
- As the most senior public face of the organisation, profile SNV in The Netherlands and globally, and develop and maintain (international) relations with donors/partners as well as other public, private and corporate players in the field of international development.
- Foster thought leadership and innovation and ensure coherent approaches and policies between sectors, countries, and functional areas.
- Lead strategy related to building and retaining an exceptional team of professionals.
Applicants must have:
- At least 15 year’s senior management experience in delivering results across complex international organisations.
- Proven record in executive role including people management, organisational development, corporate governance, and finance and budgeting.
- Practical senior-level experience of leading the development and implementation of portfolios of poverty reduction projects in one of the SNV sectors or a related sector.
- Experience with working and living in developing countries.
- Passion for making systemic and sustainable change and a demonstrated ability to translate this commitment into strategic organisational policies and action.
- Deep knowledge of the international development sector, its actors, donors, and financing models and a track record in business development and institutional fund raising.
- Recognised development leader with a strong donor network.
- Advance University (Master’s level) Degree.
- Fluency in English.
- Professional knowledge of Dutch or French is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.