Deadline: 28 July 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Internal Auditor / Principal Internal Auditor in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Chief Internal Auditor / Principal Internal Auditor will perform the following functions-
- Lead Audit Teams / Plan to conduct audits of highly diversified Bank-wide activities or operations relating to the financial, administrative, and operational functions of the Bank.
- Plan audits and determine the audit objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as staff and budget resources required to ensure that the audit adequately covers the selected area of the Bank’s operations, activities, systems, and controls.
- Decide on the applicable audit approach and techniques to facilitate the conduct of the audit and prepare the planning memorandum for Manager’s and Auditor General’s approval.
- Prepare Audit Programme or modify existing ones (if any), to ensure a systematic approach to the audit and ensure that the scope of the audit is covered adequately.
- Conduct the fieldwork by collecting data, documents, and information, testing and analysing such information, identifying weaknesses, causes and effects of variances, errors, non-compliance with rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc with a strong focus on using data analytics and analytical tools.
- Supervise and review the work performed by other Auditors and Consultants to ensure that objectives are achieved.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Audit, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, preferably combined with an internationally recognized professional accounting/auditing qualification (“Expert comptable” Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation).
- Minimum 6 year’s for Principal (PL4) or 7 year’s for Chief (PL3), of auditing experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm or an International Financial Institution, including, for Chief, 3 year’s in leading teams of auditors.
- Practical data analytics experience would be a plus.
- Sound knowledge and auditing experience of private and public sector operations, financial instruments, and information systems such as SAP Hana system, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Integrated Audit Approach.
- Good interpersonal, supervisory, communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to influence and inspire team members.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while ensuring quality and exceeding client expectations.
- Ability to apply international audit standards to deliver quality audit report in line with the Bank’s strategy needs/situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficiency in use of computer Aided Audit tools like ACL, Pentana, TeamMate, etc.
- Experience in the use of data analytical tools is a plus.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.