Deadline: 17 August 2018
The Finance Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking application from eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator, Financial Planning and Analysis in New York, United States.
HRW is an independent, international organization that works as part of a vibrant movement to uphold human dignity and advance the cause of human rights for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Coordinator, Financial Planning and Analysis will perform the following functions:
- Prepare grant budgets and generate associated interim and final expense reports, including liaising with development staff to ensure grants are being used and reported appropriately and within designated time frame.
- Maintain and update specialized financials for HRW programmatic divisions and special initiatives, such as rolling forecasts and KPIs.
- Gather expense data from accounting database to generate and format monthly expense reports for program directors, as well as input report data into expense reporting spreadsheets, and maintain spreadsheets over fiscal year.
- Utilize internal database, budgeting and reporting systems (Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, Raiser’s Edge) to update various expense and revenue status reports monthly, and provide data to support Finance directors’ budget analyses.
- Perform database maintenance as needed (journal entries and other adjustments).
- Schedule, prepare materials, and take minutes at Finance meetings with HRW divisions and cities, as well as maintain Finance calendar for global Finance team and relevant Board committees.
- Provide support for the financial planning and analysis team as needed.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience is required, particularly grant budgeting and financial reporting. Prior experience working in nonprofit/NGO finance.
- Previous experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit finance and fund accounting.
- Strong computer knowledge, including advanced ability with Microsoft Excel and a highly-developed understanding of spreadsheet and database systems.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with NetSuite financial accounting system, Adaptive Insights, and Raiser’s Edge fundraising database.
- Strong interest in human rights.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit HRW.