Deadline: 1 April 2017
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Niamey, Niger. The duration of this post is 2 years.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Provide strategic leadership during this critical phase of operational development in Niger, undertaken in coordination and consultation with local and international partners.
- Represent Danish Demining Group, DRC’s Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) unit, and identifying opportunities for integrated DRC/DDG programme development that focus efforts on conflict transformation, community safety and mine action in collaboration with DDG’s Regional Manager for West Africa and Global Specialist Leads for AVR and mine action.
- Together with the Head of Operations (HoO), oversee the setting up of new financial and management systems for the county programme and provide overall budget monitoring, financial management and expenses control including compliance with minimum DRC/DDG and donor requirements.
- Overall responsible for security including development and ensuring adherence to security procedures, monitoring the development in the security situation, analysing and provision of recommendations.
- Act as representative for the programme to authorities, donors, partners, and in various co-ordination forums.
- To provide strong fundraising abilities and play key role in fundraising and donor contract management.
- Design the Results Contract annually in line with the Regional Strategic Programme Document and report on it quarterly, incorporating adjustments as needed.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum 6 years of senior management experience with a humanitarian agency, including experience with starting up new country programmes and operations – and a relevant educational background (e.g. political or social science, international development, economics).
- In-depth knowledge of and experience working with displacement issues of both internal to displaced persons and refugees and related international standards/frameworks.
- Proven ability to design, manage, monitor and evaluate programmes, preferably with a focus on protection and durable solutions for refugees, returnees and displaced people.
- Experience with financial management, administration, human resource development and logistics.
- A systematic and ‘by the book’ approach with starting up programmes.
- Strong ability to collaborate, network and negotiate with local partners, Governments, UN, donors and other NGOs.
- Proven management experience at senior level including capacity building, training and mentoring, especially in complex humanitarian environments.
- Experience in developing fundraising strategies.
- Fluency in French is essential (spoken and written).
- Ability to operate in English is an advantage.
- Work experience from Niger and, or the West Africa region is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.