Deadline: 4 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Country Finance Manager in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Finance Manager will perform the following functions:
- People Management
- Lead and manage the accounts and finance teams (including people planning, performance, well-being and development).
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff.
- Financial Management
- Provide strong leadership to the Accounting/finance unit in the Country Office and technical support to the Area offices-based finance staff as well.
- In close cooperation with Managers reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines of country’s regulations, DRC’s Operations Handbook, internal guidelines and donor requirements.
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ.
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies and statutory returns.
- Ensure regular financial briefings to relevant Manager including budget follow ups, variances in spending and budget monitoring status.
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs in line with agreed Master budget.
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for all programs in the country, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances and any remedial action.
- Ensure day-to-day accounting functions are understood and followed properly in CO and AOs, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, Inter-Company accounts management and timely submission of accounts to HQ finance desk.
- DRC Dynamics (ERP system)
- Ensure DRC Dynamics (ERP System) is used to its full capacity.
- Function as super user for finances business process and ensure country support is there for finance process.
- Ensure proper localization of policies as per the DRC Dynamics system and Myanmar local regulations are developed and implemented.
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve performance in the country.
- Ensure reliability of the accounting data in the DRC Dynamics.
Applicants must have:
- At least 5 year’s experience in a senior financial management position.
- At least 2 year’s experience with people management.
- Proven experience in managing large and complex budgets/ consortiums.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities.
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, DANIDA, DFID, DFAT, EU, GIZ and USAID guidelines).
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as experience working in a financial IT system.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.