Deadline: 25 April 2016
Volunteer Services Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Finance Manager in Harare, Zimbabwe.
VSO works on tackling inequality, injustice, poverty and climate change.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Finance Manager will perform the following functions-
- Working closely with and supporting the Country Director in effectively managing the finances (including budgets) of the Country Office, ensuring accuracy and deadlines met.
- Lead reference point on all financial matters in the Country Office, including formulating financial strategic direction and supporting the Country Director to assess implications of financial issues in the short and long term.
- Develop, maintain and review procedures for processing income, payments, and payroll, monthly, quarterly and year end accounting, bank and cash management, advances and loans and financial policies relating to volunteers.
- Ensure effective data and knowledge management of all financial data.
- Ensure a system is in place to manage debt and to track invoices on a regular basis.
- Advice on VSO insurance arrangements for the Country Office.
- Ensure adherence to finance policies set globally and locally.
- Ensure that all staff members are aware of the policies.
Applicants must have-
- Fully qualified Management Accountant (CMA), ACCA, ACA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license with strong technical accounting skills.
- Skilled finance manager with knowledge of financial management of restricted donor funding, reporting, procurement procedure, grant management, grant equipment, donor rules and regulations for non-profit organizations.
- Experience of working in multiple foreign currencies and understanding of foreign exchange hedging.
- Strong leadership experience in budget management (including project budgets), financial planning and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of internal financial controls and year-end procedure.
- Knowledge of Internal, External and Project Audit.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of international accounting standards.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit VSO.