Deadline: 8 November 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Office Administrative Assistant in Kyiv, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Country Office Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support implementation of operational strategies by:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the project’s administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to the preparation and implementation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
- General assistance to the UN Women Country Office and the Representative by:
- Ensure adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by CO team when communicating with Government and other external partners.
- Efficient and discreet management of the Representative’s working schedule.
- Facilitate smooth documentary workflow, maintain all necessary documents and ensure their proper filing.
- Ensure effective provision of administrative and logistical support by:
- Ensure that travel arrangements and authorizations, passport and visa requests and extensions, flight bookings and all other matters related to travel of international and national staff are properly and timely authorized and processed.
- Provide administrative and logistical support in preparation of missions, conferences, workshops.
- Provide inputs for preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Support to office maintenance and assets management by:
- Acting as Alternate Asset Focal Point, maintenance records on assets management and preparation of required reports.
- Provision of support to maintenance of premises and common services.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing by:
- Provision of necessary administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing.
- Facilitate/conduct of trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- BA /BSc degree in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Human Resources, Finance, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields.
- 3 years of relevant experience (in administration and/or programme support service or other related field).
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Experience in handling of web based management systems (ERP systems) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage.
- High level of creativity and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.