Deadline: 29 February 2020
UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Digital Communication & Knowledge Management Specialist in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs).
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Digital Communication & Knowledge Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership necessary for the formulation, development and implementation of a global digital research and knowledge management strategy linked to our global learning agenda supporting positioning of UNCDF’s as a leader in the digital economies space.
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of the communications and marketing plan for the new strategy.
- Manage the research and knowledge process and production of the digital strategy thought leadership including needs assessment, commission, review, design and publication.
- Integrate knowledge sharing into all aspects of the strategy and foster lateral learning between country, regional offices and implementing partners.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in economics, finance, public / business administration, communications, social sciences, international relations or related fields.
- First / Bachelor’s Degree with 2 additional year’s of relevant experience is also acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of professional experience in progressively responsible positions in digital payments, financial services, financial inclusion or a related fields, outof which preferably at least 2 year’s work experience would be in private sector (ideally with Mobile service providers, Banks etc.).
- Recognized & published research and publications in the field of Digital Financeis a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of current developments in digital innovations essential.
- Strong knowledge of Digital finance landscape and major actors / stakeholders is preferred.
- Experience in branding, communications and experience in media relations, graphic design and video production, overseeing document and report production, print and electronic publishing is highly preferable.
- Experience in managing high-level events, oversee contributions of other actors, along with formulating high-quality donor proposals, developing proposals, corresponding budgets, and monitoring and evaluation plans is highly preferable.
- Strong technical expertise and working knowledge in policy, legal and regulatory issues related to digital innovations & market development approaches to digital financial services.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Professional level fluency in French is highly desirable but not required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information,visit UNCDF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.