Deadline: 19 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Director will perform the following functions-
- Lead, establish and cascade the division’s vision, goals, development strategies and key result areas (KRAs) in support of ADB’s goals, departmental goals and in compliance with ADB policies.
- Lead the planning, implementation and supervision of work plans as well as monitor the quality of output and the achievement of long term goals and annual objectives for the division.
- Lead and identify key priority areas of the division in the energy sector.
- Oversee the quality of the division’s support for the Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) and updates preparation and the effective functioning of related committees and networks.
- Oversee the design and processing of sovereign program and project loans, technical assistance (TA) projects, and facilitating and leveraging nonsovereign operations to ensure quality, innovation, results orientation, and compliance with ADB’s policies covering the energy sector.
- Manage and guide design using the full range of ADB financial instruments for optimal leverage.
- Monitor the quality of the assigned loans/TAs and undertake corrective actions as necessary to maintain quality.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant fields.
- University Degree in Economics, Engineering or other related fields.
- Alternatively, University Degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 15 year’s of relevant professional experience in country strategy formulation, programming, project processing and administration at senior levels (e.g. managing teams or leading projects with/without Sovereign guarantees, or public-private partnership transactions) including international experience working in development in several countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to work across different silos in organizations, including particularly projects or initiatives involving public and private sector dimensions.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and manage a team of highly qualified professionals with diverse background, with ability to effectively liaise with senior staff, Management, senior government officials and private sector counterparts.
- Possesses cumulative knowledge, experience and fundamental understanding of diverse concepts, principles and practices, and able to share knowledge to benefit the ADB and the wider international community.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.