Deadline: 5 August 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director, Credit Division in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Director will provide leadership for Credit Division 1 within Office of Risk Management (ORM). The position will lead in providing high standard and timely guidance, advice, credit decision on nonsovereign transactions particularly (i) financial institutions; and (ii) project finance.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director, Credit Division will perform the following functions:
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Lead, establishes and cascades the division’s vision, goals, development strategies and key result areas in support of ADB’s goals, Strategy 2030, departmental goals and in compliance with ADB policies.
- Lead the planning, implementation and supervision of work plans; monitor the quality of output and the achievement of long-term goals and annual objectives for the division.
- Provide leadership in professional and operational matters, taking the initiative in contributing new and best practice approaches to strengthening risk assessment/ mitigation, deal structuring, credit risk policy, and risk analysis methodology.
- Risk Assessment
- Lead in providing advice and recommendations to the project teams on appropriate risk mitigation measures, deal structuring issues, pricing, terms and conditions, and financial covenants throughout the entire credit approval process.
- Lead in streamlining documentation requirements for all types of nonsovereign transactions during both the concept review and transaction review phases.
- Lead in ensuring appropriate pricing of nonsovereign transactions based on the risk profile, capital requirement, portfolio impact, and market considerations.
- Transaction Monitoring
- Lead a team of risk professionals in monitoring ADB’s operations portfolios.
- Lead in ensuring timely reviews of existing nonsovereign transactions and providing approval of risk ratings.
- Leads in approvals of waivers of loan covenants and conditions, restructurings, changes in terms, and other amendments to transactions agreements.
- External Relations and Coordination
- Provide support for relationship management, consultation and coordination with government, development partners, and private sector groups in area of responsibility.
- Internal Relations
- Provide support for relationship management and coordination with the Board, Senior Management and other departments.
- Division Operations Management
- Lead the effective day-to-day operations and provide guidance on operational issues and ADB policies.
- Inform and provide recommendations to Head, ORM, for significant developments, emerging opportunities and challenges in area of responsibility.
- Lead and facilitate effective division coordination and cooperation with other ADB departments and internal stakeholders.
- Undertake the performance management of the division, including motivation of division staff.
- Staff Supervision
- Create and lead multidisciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work.
- Manage the performance of teams and individuals providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent, relevant to the assigned area.
- University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 15 years of banking experience dealing with credit risk investment and monitoring issues related to complex debt and guarantee of transactions with (i) financial institutions; and (ii) project finance; and (iii) corporate finance transactions in priority sectors of ADB’s nonsovereign operations.
- Experience in all aspects of credit risk assessments, mitigation, and structuring of debt, direct and indirect equity, or guarantee transactions including technical, financial, market/industry, and regulatory risk analysis with emphasis on effective and efficient credit decisioning in emerging market environments, and proven ability to distill the key drivers for credit decisions.
- Ability to lead a team of seasoned credit officers to manage credit approval processes tightly through effective engagement with the business teams, while at the same time providing coverage and approval for certain types of transactions directly.
- Detailed understanding of lending and investment practices, banking products, financial modeling, rating methodology, and risk management concepts and methodology.
- Strong knowledge of banking products, financial and risk modeling, stress test methodology, analytical framework for assessing economic capital and loan loss provisioning adequacy, rating methodology, and risk management concepts.
- Excellent intellectual, team leadership and problem-solving skills including strong ability to manage effective teamwork and communication.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in several countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.