Deadline: 31 December 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director of Finance and Administration, CATALYZE Innovative Blended Finance in United States.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Director of Finance and Administration will provide overall management of project finances, operations, administration, logistics, procurement, and budgeting, with the goal of ensuring that the program is implemented in accordance with USAID and Palladium rules, regulations and procedures.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Director of Finance and Administration will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- General Duties
- Set up and oversee the project’s financial and accounting management systems at home office and across field offices as CATALYZE’s global presence expands.
- Serve as the central point for coordination and communication related to the project’s financial administration, human resources, subawards, and budgets.
- Manage and supervise project team members as assigned.
- Oversee grants and subcontracts procurement, execution and compliance practices, in close coordination with the Subawards and Procurements Manager.
- Participates in field start-up operations and processes as required, including overseeing procurement of office facilities, establishing security agreements, activating office utilities and management of relationships with landlords and other service providers.
- Financial Management
- Oversee implementation and ongoing adherence to Palladium’s finance and accounting procedures.
- Manage budgeting for multiple concurrent regional and country buy-ins, while tracking expenditures across various
- USAID funding streams.
Review monthly field cash requests and budget reports.
- Work with the CATALYZE Executive Director and Palladium Project Director on monthly revenue forecasts.
- Oversee management of the project’s foreign bank accounts according to company policies and procedures.
- Review the project’s client invoices for accuracy and compliance with USAID cost principles and allowability guidelines.
- Personnel Management
- Work with Palladium Talent Management team to ensure appropriate staffing and training for all CATALYZE activities.
- Manage the project’s performance appraisals systems and local compensations plans.
- Negotiate daily rates with short-term international consultants and prepare salary verification forms and justifications.
- The role reports to the Executive Director, CATALYZE.
- The role will be required to liaise closely with members of the Palladium Project Management Unit, a variety of home office support staff, implementing partners, and clients.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced formal training or education in accounting, financial management, business administration or related disciplines.
- Extensive experience in the administrative and financial oversight of large and complex projects, with management of global programs a plus.
- Proven experience managing procurements, compliance systems, and regular financial reporting under USAID contracts.
- Proactive problem-solving, decision-making and good judgment skills.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to manage and protect confidential information.
- A high attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, service providers and clients across a variety of settings, countries, and work environments.
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- Fluency in an international language a plus.
- Familiarity with the inclusive finance, blended finance, and impact investing fields a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Palladium.