Deadline: 14 June 2019
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist/ Senior Economist in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economist/ Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Work closely with the Regional Director and provide the economic support to IFC’s activities as needed.
- A key skill for this role is to help “translate” the macroeconomic context/assessment into the regional/country operational strategy.
- Act as a local focal point for the Regional Director, working closely with operational staff and liaising with the Regional Strategy Team and the Regional Strategy Manager in CCE to ensure adequate support to Operations on the economic front, at the project level and strategy level.
- Lead the strategy work for major countries and several countries within a region, and work closely with country/industry managers, teams, and stakeholders in developing IFC country and/or industry strategies in the Region.
- Contribute to preparation of briefs, reports and presentations to various stakeholders, including senior management and the Board, as well as external stakeholders.
- Provide economic advice on investment and advisory projects, including due diligence.
- Draft relevant sections of Board papers for investment project approval (macro-economy and country context).
- Co-Lead Country Private Sector Diagnostics and subsequent preparation of IFC Country Strategies.
- Together with Regional management prepare IFC input to WBG Systematic Country Diagnostics, Country Partnership
- Frameworks, progress reports and other joint initiatives.
- Advise IFC senior management on Board-related matters, based on established links and understanding of Board priorities and identify issues that are highly relevant to expressed interests and concerns of the Board.
- Provide in-depth input to global and/or regional policy initiatives
- Undertake analytical work on strategic topics that inform country strategies.
Applicants must have-
- Graduate degree in economics, public policy or other relevant graduate degree from a reputable university.
- At least 8 years of experience demonstrating analytical skills in economics and private sector development work in a country/regional context.
- Experience in and strong knowledge of the economic context and challenges of countries.
- Familiarity with IFC’s or similar Development Finance Institutions’ areas of focus and relevant experience in country/regional context.
- Knowledge of IFC operational and portfolio work and a good understanding of investment projects is desirable.
- Excellent understanding of financial and economic concepts and data.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with high level stakeholders in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.