Deadline: 20 August 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Cluster Coordinator in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Education Cluster Co-Coordinator will work impartially, serving the needs of all members of the Education Cluster and should work closely with the UN Humanitarian/Residence Coordinator as appropriate.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Cluster Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Core cluster functions:
- Supporting service delivery:
- Provide a platform to ensure that service delivery is driven by the agreed strategic priorities.
- Develop mechanisms to eliminate duplication of service delivery.
- Informing strategic decision-making of the HC/HCT for the humanitarian response:
- Needs assessment and gap analysis (across other sectors and within the sector).
- Analysis to identify and address (emerging) gaps, obstacles, duplication, and cross-cutting issues.
- Prioritization, grounded in response analysis.
- Planning and strategy development:
- Develop sectoral plans, objectives and indicators directly support realization of the HC/HCT strategic priorities.
- Application and adherence to existing standards and guidelines.
- Clarify funding requirements, prioritization, and cluster contributions to HC’s overall humanitarian funding considerations (Flash Appeal, CAP, ERF/CHF, CERF).
- Identify advocacy concerns to contribute to HC and HCT messaging and action.
- Undertaking advocacy activities on behalf of cluster participants and the affected population.
- Monitoring and reporting the implementation of the cluster strategy and results; recommending corrective action where necessary.
- Contingency planning/preparedness for recurrent disasters whenever feasible and relevant.
- Accountability to affected populations.The global cluster will provide operational support to the country cluster.
- Supporting service delivery:
- Work closely with the Cluster Coordinator following a joint and work plan.
- Work closely with the IM and oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the Education Cluster information management system.
- Compile special reports, such as the occupation of schools, mid-and end year CAP and HAC Reporting.
- Maintain the Education Cluster website with regular updates and relevant documents.
- Advocate and fundraise for education in emergencies as first wave response and ensure that education is explicitly included and prioritized in all multi-sector assessments, reports and appeals.
- Facilitate the joint development of relevant and contextualised minimum standards, policies and guidelines by education cluster members and build their capacity to apply these.
- Ensure that needs are identified and that cluster activities address the identified needs, fill gaps and prevent overlap and duplication.
- Secure commitments from humanitarian actors responding to the emergency education response.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Education, related field or an equivalent qualification.
- At least 4 years of senior-level experience in humanitarian response within the education sector.
- At least 1 year of experience of responding in the first-phase of an emergency.
- Experience of high level coordination and chairing of meetings.
- Formal training in Cluster Coordination.
- Ability to put aside one’s own the organisational interests and work impartially serving all Cluster members on equal terms.
- Demonstrate integrity and strives to wards the highest personal and professional standard.
- Ability to work and plan at strategic and operational level.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.