Deadline: 16 May 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environment Specialist (Natural Capital Investment) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Environment Specialist (Natural Capital Investment) will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to building and maintaining the Regional Natural Capital Lab (NCL) and natural capital investment capability including coordinate activities for the Regional Natural Capital Lab across the bank and with external partners.
- Compile good practice and develop case studies on a range of ecosystem accounts (physical and monetary) that can be applied to scenario analysis and used to inform national policy priorities.
- Strengthen environmental economic valuation methods, practices and uses for ADB operations and for development of policies, strategies, and approaches to further develop the agriculture, natural resources, and rural development sectors in the context of environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable development.
- Review and link the ADB project pipeline in rural development, natural resources and food system program with biodiversity conservation and climate change and identify areas and sectors where additional investment capital is needed to expand programs to reach and achieve desired program outcomes for natural capital investment.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in, or equivalent, in Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment, Economics, Finance or related fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment, Economics, Finance with at least 5 years specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven application of expertise in natural capital accounting and environmental valuation with in- depth knowledge in agriculture (food systems), natural resources and rural development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Familiarity with operations, policies and procedures of multilateral financial institutions,
- Possesses good analytical thinking with ability to make simple causal links, pro-and-con lists, and analyses to reach a decision; and set priorities for tasks in order of importance
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and can work collaboratively with teams.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.