Deadline: 31 July 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Environmental Economist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 4 years
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Environmental Economist will perform the following functions-
- Analytical Work Program
- Environmental Economist is expected to be a thought leader for the World Bank in the area of environment and natural resource economics.
- For Macro/fiscal economists the focus will include analysis of macro and fiscal policies related to environment.
- Global Outreach
- Provide input into the World Bank’s global outreach on environment and climate change issues.
- Environmental Economist will also be encouraged to present the Bank’s work at technical conferences and workshops.
- Technical Advisory Work
- Provide technical advice on a broad range of economics related challenges faced in World Bank operations units that work directly with clients.
- Technical review of pieces of analytical work carried out by other teams in the Bank, economics advice to lending operations managed by the World Bank, particularly on protected areas management, landscapes restoration, coastal zone management and environmental contaminated site clean-ups.
Applicants must have:
- PhD in Economics, Applied Economics, Environmental Economics, Finance or related field.
- Rigorous quantitative training in economics, econometrics or quantitative economic modeling.
- Macroeconomics and fiscal management training focused on environment and natural resources policy are also encouraged to apply.
- Minimum 5 year’s of full-time relevant professional experience on research or applied work as an economist on environmental issues (time in a PhD program counts toward this professional experience).
- Excellent in English communication skill is required (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Second language (French, Spanish, or Portuguese) would be highly beneficial.
- Proven teamwork and successful experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.