Deadline: 19 December 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant r will perform the following functions:
- Support to develop WHO Myanmar TB biennium Work plan and support its revision, update, implementation and reporting.
- Assist to plan and implement resources received from major donors like the Global Fund, USAID and ACCESS to Health fund as per the grant agreements.
- Follow up implementation of programme activities and ascertain status of availability of funds under different allotments pertaining to voluntary budgetary resources; generate financial reports from Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and provide financial data to the supervisor to prepare various reports required.
- Create and/or maintain filing systems and ensure updated information; obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources and perform information search as required.
- Review financial proposals received and assess the alignment to WHO workplan and process it as per WHO rules, norms, process, and procedure.
- Maintain and update monitoring sheets for the supervisors and other Programme Staff, and generates reports useful to assess status of programme implementation.
- Support to develop, finalize and submit financial section of donor reports before the deadline.
- Monitor processed proposals towards timely completion and take action to minimize overdue reporting, closing of encumbrance and timely payment and recording expenditure.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education.
- Diploma in accounting, finance, business management, administration; Recognised university degree
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience in secretarial/administrative/budget and finance work
- Experience in managing similar work in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
- Experience in ERP system is an asset.
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; ability to draft routine correspondence; communicate effectively and work harmoniously with other team members; take initiative and attention to details, well-organized, open to new ideas/ technologies and comfortable with change.
- Knowledge of administrative and or financial policies and practices would be an advantage.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Burmese language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.