Deadline: 14 June 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Associate in Suva, Fiji. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Executive Associate is responsible for providing support to the Resident Coordinator in ensuring the highest efficiency of support services, the provision of accurate, thoroughly researched and documented information, transparent utilization of various resources, support for reporting, documentation upkeep of UN Country Team (UNCT).
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure effective and efficient functioning of the RC office, support to RCO workplan preparation and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Consistently updated and managed RC calendar and representation schedule, including arrangement of appointments, meetings and representational events.
- Preparation and clearing of high-quality briefing materials for the supervisor’s consideration in advance of appointments, meetings, missions.
- Preparation of inputs to the RCO workplan and reports and contributes to implementation.
- Act as an interpreter when required, take minutes during meetings and prepare informal translations.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and management in multi-country setup focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination issues within realms of Executive Associates responsibility.
- Guide UN agency colleagues in complex executive protocols issues, considering various cultural, ethnic diversities which multi-country setup requires.
- Support to and knowledge sharing with peers in other UN agencies.
- Ensure provision of effective communications and advocacy support to the RCO, support to preparation and implementation of country programming processes and products, i.e. UN Pacific Strategy/UNDAF etc. focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files.
- Facilitation of up-to-date information sharing between UNCT and the UN Coordination colleagues.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education with specialized secretarial training.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, finance, economics or a related field with 4 years progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Fiji.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.