Deadline: 19 August 2020
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Field Disbursement Officer in Abuja, Nigeria.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Field Disbursement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Dues and Disbursement Management
- Process disbursement requests from project management unit or equivalent agency in the regional hub to verify and determine the appropriateness of requests and supporting documents for the disbursement in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with regional hub management and executing agencies and borrowers, in the resolution of disbursement related problems.
- Draft clear and concise correspondence to project management unit or operational staff regarding disbursement related issues.
- Monitor utilization of Special Accounts, ensuring that the funds are properly accounted for and used in accordance with Bank procedures.
- Participate in project missions to verify use of project finances and resolve disbursement issues.
- Financial Analysis
- Perform specific analyses of financial or operating data and submit recommendations for consideration of management.
- Analyze the current projects status and identify any problem areas that warrant attention of the concerned departments.
- Participate in standard and ad hoc analyses to meet variety of management objectives.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Participate in drafting policies and procedures as per management instructions.
- Provide guidance on interpretation of IDB policies and procedures, and regulations applicable to operations financing in regional hub.
- Analyze and identify gaps and suggest improvements to policies or procedures for more effective operations.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Aptitude for figures and attention to detail.
- CPA, ACCA, CMA or an equivalent certification is preferred.
- At least 5 year’s of direct relevant experience in finance and accounting.
- ERP and procurement experience is preferred.
- Audit experience would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IsDB.