Deadline: 7 June 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field Finance and Admin Officer in Bekaa, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Field Finance and Admin Officer will perform the following functions-
- In cooperation with Country Finance Manager, review and prepare financial reports and supporting documents, and ensure compliance with Plan International and donor policies.
- Support Country Finance Manager in programmes’ budgets and financial disbursements, ensuring compliance with Plan’s and donors’ regulations and policies.
- Support in specific monitoring of programmes’ burn rate.
- Help in preparing and ensuring timely submission of requested financial reports, records, files and cash requests to International Headquarters, National Offices and/or Donors.
- Support in designated project audits.
- Act as a focal point for all supporting documents check, including invoices, receipts, timesheets, inventory lists and similar tasks.
- Oversee monthly billing and reimbursements.
- Ensure all advances are closed and relevant documentation required has been sent on a weekly basis.
- Support the Programs team, especially in Bekaa, on financial procedures and actions as needed.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Preferred experience working with INGOs in Lebanon inc.
- Experience reporting to donors – EU, USG, DfID, etc.
- Experience of relevant accounting packages and operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of international accounting standards for the NGO-sector, donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds.
- Experience with preparation of external audits desirable.
- Strong commitment to child safeguarding & Antifraud policies both inside and outside the workplace.
- Ability and experience in adapting to systems & processes.
- Strong character traits, including team work, striving for high performance, emotional stability, resilience, adaptability, and ability to handle stress, strong initiative and self-motivation, cultural and gender sensitivity, honesty and physical fitness to travel are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.