Deadline: 1 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance & Administration Assistant in Djibouti Ville, Djibouti. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Finance and Administration Assistant will assist the Support Services Team Leader to ensure that the programmatic needs in Djibouti office are addressed and met in an efficient, timely, transparent, accountable and cost effective manner.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance & Administration Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Financial support Verify that purchases have appropriate authorization and are signed by authorized team member.
- Assist Support Service Team Leader in the closure of accounts at the end of month Provide technical financial and administratiive support to colleagues in Djibouti and field offices.
- Support in the implementation of financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Support logistics in preparing monthly asset lists.
- Maintain financial files and records in accordance with DRC’s policies and procedures for archiving.
- Scanning and filing relevant financial documents including supporting documents.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Relevant experience in the domain can be considered in lieu of the university degree in required.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience is required, preferably with an international NGO and/or UN Agencies.
- The candidate must be fluent in French and have a basic understanding of English would be an asset.
- Applicants must also have good communication skills, be able to work independently and energetically, and have a flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Applicants must be confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, with advanced Excel proficiency.
- Applicantsmust demonstrate high level of integrity.
- Nationality of Djibouti.
How to Apply
All applicants must be submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.