Deadline: 22 December 2016
International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administration Associate in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Finance and Administration Associate will support the implementation of the finance policies, procedures and guidelines for the Country Office (CO) ensuring efficient and effective functioning of IDLO program activities in the Philippines.
IDLO empowers people and enables governments to reform laws and institutions that promote peace, justice, social development and sustainable economic growth.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Associate will perform the following functions-
- Carry out monthly financial close of the Country Office and prepare the financial reports, coordinate with respective colleagues for any corrective actions as necessary.
- Process all expenses generated at the CO level ensuring they are in compliance with IDLO policies and donor regulations, and corresponding to the chart of accounts, budget lines when recording transactions.
- Prepare CO balance sheet and monthly reconciliation reports (including advances) on a timely manner.
- Review procurement documents to ensure that they comply with IDLO policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure that payments are made only after approval has been obtained from the budget holder.
- Ensure costs are allocated in accordance with the approved program budgets.
- Assist with preparation of grant budgets to support new proposals.
- Monitor actual vs. budget results and recommends for realignments as required.
- Review all sub-grant monitoring reports and prepare management summaries of findings and recommendations in accordance with sub-grant agreements.
- Filing financial documents.
- Ensure that copies of all relevant documents shipped to Rome are maintained at the CO and filed electronically in sequence.
- Other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 3–4 years of relevant professional experiences preferably within the international development sector.
- Good knowledge or experience of managing grants, donor rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of accounting software.
- MS Navision knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter via the given website.
For more information, please download the PDF IDLO.