Deadline: 6 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Adviser in Yangon, Myanmar.
The Finance Adviser will work closely with the Finance Manager and will be acting Finance Manager whenever necessary.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Adviser will perform the following functions:
- Maintain continuous overview of the Master budget and cost recovery of shared costs, including being responsible for the monthly Fair Share distribution of shared costs to donor projects.
- Responsible for budgeting, recovery and follow-up of costs at the country office in Yangon and support non-financial YGN-staff in day-to-day financial management.
- Maintain continuous consolidated overview of the financial development of and reporting on the grants to donors and control that budgets and key grant information is kept updated in Agresso.
- Ensure that NRC MMs financial SOPs and templates are updated, user-friendly, easily accessible and are being adhered to.
- Maintain the overview of where all international staffs’ salaries, accommodation and International travels are budgeted, and do adjustments of the budgets whenever relevant or necessary.
- Perform the monthly distribution of International staffs’ salary-costs to donor projects, and also of other costs charged by RO/HO.
- Approve (online in Agresso) payment by HO in Oslo of supplier invoices that have been invoiced through the HO, but that shall be covered by NRC MM. (Travel agent etc.).
- Cooperate closely with the Finance Manager (FM) and be acting FM during FMs absence.
- Other tasks designated by the Finance Manager.
- Ensure adherence to Financial Handbook, NRC’s financial systems and procedures, other NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis as required.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial documents.
- Support all staff in financial matters.
Applicants must have:
- Very good command of oral and written English.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant, advanced finance experience, and higher financial education.
- Experience from use of ERP-systems and very good knowledge of Excel.
- Experience from INGOs or donors within humanitarian activities or similar is an advantage.
- Be internationally inclined.
- International experience and education is an advantage.
- Leadership potential.
- Represent NRC four core values; Accountable, Innovative, Dedicated and Inclusive, and have an urge to continually question and suggest improvements to how we organize our financial work.
- Willingness to travel to NRCs field offices, but the position does not require extensive travelling.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.