Deadline: 7 July 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Analyst in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Finance Analyst is responsible for efficient financial resources management and the provision of accurate, thoroughly researched and documented financial information and transparent utilization of financial resources.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Financial oversight and monitoring
- Regular review and oversight on the classification of projects within UNOPS to ensure an appropriate basis of revenue recognition is in place, in compliance with IPSAS standards.
- Regular review, monitoring and consolidation of UNOPS provision for bad debts, write off and contingent assets/liabilities and liaison with respective offices for timely updates.
- Communication with internal stakeholders on areas requiring verification, corrections, additional information, etc. to improve quality of output and/or account submissions.
- Review of finance data in General Ledger for completeness, accuracy, and correctness of account entries in relevant areas of focus.
- Corporate financial statements and Audit
- Assist the Financial Reporting Specialist in preparation of interim and year-end corporate financial statements, by consolidating data, preparing working files and supporting schedules for notes to the financial statements.
- Coordination and monitoring of quarterly and year-end financial closure processes.
- Review reconciliation submissions and account balances to ensure recording and reporting compliance in accordance with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and other applicable Organizational Directives and Operational Instructions.
- Assist the Financial Reporting Specialist in identifying issues related to data quality and liaise with related parties in the organization to ensure timely and necessary corrections.
- Capacity building / system improvement
- Support the Financial Reporting Specialist in continuously improving and refining UNOPS financial processes to reduce manual work and enhance efficiency.
- Review and update process documentation and relevant areas in UNOPS’ knowledge management system (PQMS).
- Maintain a log of issues identified, and liaise with relevant parties to address the issues in a timely manner.
- Become a subject matter expert for the Financial Reporting requirements in the UNOPS ERP system (OneUNOPS), in particular on the classification of UNOPS’ projects.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business administration or a related area is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in the areas of audit, accounting and/or financial reporting with a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in the areas of audit, accounting and/or financial reporting is required in combination with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Thorough knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is considered a distinct advantage.
- Experience and Knowledge of UNOPS financial rules and regulations, working knowledge of ERP would be an asset
Full working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.