Deadline: 25 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Analyst in Chennai, India. The duration of this post 4 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Clearance and Master data maintenance for trust funds:
- Review, interpret, and clear legal and Bank’s internal documents such as Trust Fund Proposals (TFP), Administration agreements /amendments for creation/activation and maintenance of trust fund master data.
- Ownership and maintenance of master reference fields in SAP for assigned trust fund programs in accordance with the program specific requirements and legal and internal documents.
- Provide advisory support on upstream trust fund activities such as trust fund set-up, structuring/restructuring, help them navigate through various accounting, reporting and operational issues from WFA’s perspective, all through the trust fund life-cycle.
- Participate in TF academy training and other hub trainings, representing the Division to share knowledge and help staff across GPs and Regions to navigate through the trust fund processes.
- Ensure the accuracy, appropriateness, completeness and control of information for the Loan portfolio:
- Review new loans set up to ensure that the financial terms and other information are accurately captured (Loans master data)
- Provide inputs for developing and delivering learning programs for Bank staff and clients on the Bank’s loan products and policies.
- Ensure interest rates are appropriately updated.
- Process improvements & automation projects:
- Lead/Participate in automation projects and coordinate with technical teams on system changes, bug fixes, enhancements and testing
- Contribute to the continuous improvements and process enhancement initiatives surrounding trust fund and Loan processes aimed at simplification and/or enhancements to process quality and controls;
- Provide inputs and actively participate in various institutional projects;
- Provide a variety of metrics / charts to be included in overall departmental operations report to measure progress of operations at Chennai vis-a-vis agreed norms for management information and action.
- Coach and mentor junior team members.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce/economics/law/management, with 3 years of work experience.
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Proven working experience on accounting and reporting processes using automated accounting systems preferably SAP.
- Exposure to investments accounting and/or valuation would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated good judgmental and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong client-focus and excellent team player.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix environment.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.